Good afternoon! How are you spending your last day before Christmas Eve? Shopping, relaxing, cooking, baking?
Jaden woke up nice and early this morning, so I figured that I would get a head start on baking. Today, we made another batch of the peanut butter blossoms, and we also made Nestle chocolate chip cookies.
Chocolate Chip Cookies (from the Nestle website)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Nestle Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt
in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in
large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by
rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 9 to 11
minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to
wire racks to cool completely.
The cookies came out just perfect and delicious!
Even my lunch today was in the Christmas spirit this afternoon. I had a bagel thin, egg whites, and cheese with red and green tortilla chips on the side.
Have a great day!
Questions of the day:
- Are you traveling for Christmas?
- Favorite chips? Or snack?
- What are you doing for Christmas Eve?