Happy Christmas Eve!!
The kid’s elf, Nick, is very excited that it’s almost Christmas!
Yesterday, we had a busy day. Jacob had a dentist appointment to get a tooth pulled, I had physical therapy, and then we ran a few errands. When we got home, the kids wrapped their presents for Danny.
I also baked a ton of cookies yesterday. I made my favorite, Butterscotch Reese’s cookies.
I also made Peanut Butter Blossoms.
And regular chocolate chip cookies.
As much as I love the holidays, I can’t wait until they’re over so I can get back on track with eating. I have been sampling too many delicious cookies lately!
This morning, I headed to the gym at about 8:00 am to get my workout in before we go to my grandparent’s house later this afternoon.
Crazy hair, don’t care:
I started with 12 minutes on the elliptical to warm-up and then I did the following circuit workout. I did each circuit three times, resting 1-2 minutes in between. (Use weights you’re comfortable with.)
- lateral raises with an alternating knee raise x12 each leg
- ball wall squat with a biceps curl to overhead press x15
- seated stability ball overhead triceps extensions x15
- kettlebell swings x20
- chest flies on stability ball x15
- straight arm overhead reach on stability ball x15
- woodchoppers with medicine ball x12 each side
- plank/side plank (45 seconds each)
- heel touches x20 each side
- donkey kicks with weight behind knee x12 each leg
It was a good Christmas Eve workout!!
When I got home I started getting things ready for tonight. I am making one more batch of cookies. Jacob asked me to make Nutella cookies and he never asks me to make anything special for him so I decided to try them out. I just made regular chocolate chip cookies, added a little Nutella, and then I will do a Nutella drizzle on top of the cookies.
The dough is chilling right now, so we’ll see how they come out! I am also making a buffalo chicken dip for my grandparent’s house tonight. We’re supposed to be getting snow soon but I hope the weather isn’t too bad because my grandparent’s live about an hour away. And then Santa comes tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you all have a wonderful and safe Christmas!
- What are your plans for tonight and tomorrow?