Good morning! In celebration of my birthday today, I thought I would share 33 random facts about myself. I love knowing random things about people so share a random fact about yourself in the comments!
33 Random Facts
1. I wasn’t always into health and fitness. When I started at community college, I was interested in Early Childhood Education. I’ve worked at daycares, preschools, as a nanny, and at a tutoring center.
2. I graduated from community college when my oldest son, Jacob, was about three years old. I took a long break and then went back to college when my youngest son, Jaden, was a baby. I graduated from Roosevelt University with honors in 2009 with a Bachelor’s degree in liberal studies.
3. I now work at a local gym and am a certified personal trainer and group fitness instructor. I was also a Les Mills Body Pump instructor but had to stop teaching because of my hip issues.
4. I have never in my entire life eaten a hamburger.
5. I hate driving. I don’t care if it’s driving for five minute or five hours – I hate it. If I never had to drive again in life, I would be extremely happy.
6. I don’t have any tattoos. I have had my ears, tongue, and nose pierced. I got my tongue pierced when I was 16 and going through my “rebellious stage.” That didn’t last long. I got my nose pierced when I turned 32 and was going through my “I feel old but really want to be young” stage.
7. Ben and Jerry’s Phish Food is my all time favorite ice cream. If you’ve never had it, you need to find some immediately.
8. I need a fan on in the bedroom when I’m sleeping or I can’t sleep. But I can’t fall asleep with a tv on.
9. Speaking of sleeping, I have to sleep with socks on. I cannot fall asleep unless I have socks on my feet. During the summer, I wear sandals and go barefoot all day but when it’s time for bed, I put socks on.
10. My middle name is Lee. Heather Lee.
11. I love to read. I love all books. I went to two midnight releases when the Harry Potter books came out. One was when Jacob was about 5 years old and he dressed up like Harry Potter. He won first place in the costume contest and we got the book for free. Jacob loves to read just as much as I do.
12. I also love babies. Love them.
13. I hate the number 13. I avoid going to the #13 checkout line at the grocery store or at the gas pump. I will not put the radio or tv volume on 13.
14. My phone ring tone is a Christmas song. Yes, I know it’s May. No, I don’t care.
15. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love the excitement, seeing my family, baking, and the look of joy on my kid’s faces on Christmas morning. Mostly, Jaden’s face. Jacob’s a teenager and really doesn’t care about anything.
16. I dress up every year for Halloween. I blame my dad – it’s his favorite holiday.
17. We don’t have any pets. I love cats and we always had cats and dogs when I was growing up. Danny is allergic to cats and Jaden is allergic to dogs. Maybe we should get a fish.
18. I have one younger brother and one younger stepbrother. That makes me the oldest…and wisest.
19. Danny is three years older than I am. And I make sure he knows it. 🙂
20. My favorite vacation I’ve ever been on is when we went to Las Vegas with my family to celebrate my dad’s 50th birthday.
21. I’ve only had two surgeries in my life – hip surgery last July and when I was 23, I had my tonsils out. Getting my tonsils out was one of the most painful things I’ve ever been through.
22. My hair is one of my biggest insecurities. It’s very fine and thin and looks crazy most of the time. It doesn’t do anything and I am not good at styling it.
23. I love watching YouTube beauty videos. I spend most of my day in workout clothes and a ponytail but I love watching videos on hair and make-up.
24. I hate wearing jeans. I hate jeans with a passion. I’d rather wear sweatpants, workout pants, dresses, or skirts than wear jeans. I think it’s because I have a hard time finding jeans that fit correctly.
25. I dislike scary things and scary movies. I hate haunted houses and refuse to go in one. I don’t like scary movies. Once, Danny and I went to Galena for the weekend and we went on a walking ghost tour and I was so terrified, I had to keep all the lights on all night and didn’t sleep at all.
26. I love watching reality television – Teem Mom, 19 Kids and Counting, Keeping up with the Kardashians. I even got to see the Kardashains in real life at my mom’s work.
27. I’ve been out of the country twice in my life – once to Canada and once to Mexico for our honeymoon.
28. I haven’t drank soda pop since 2009. My favorite drinks are water, coffee, and iced green tea. And wine. I like wine.
29. Black is my favorite color to wear. The majority of my clothes are black.
30. I usually play candy crush on my phone before I fall asleep at night. Okay, not usually, always.
31. I am an emotional person. I cry during Disney movies, I cry when babies are born on tv, sometimes I cry during Hallmark commercials. It is what it is.
32. I am very close to my family and they mean the world to me. I live within twenty minutes of both my parent’s, my brother and sister-in-law, and my in-laws.
33. These have been the best 33 years I could ask for and I can’t wait for the next 33 years!
Have a great day! Leave a random fact about yourself in the comments!