My calves are still tight from Sunday’s 5k. Still tight as in they feel rock hard. Still tight as in it’s hard to walk up the stairs. And I only ran three miles!! I just don’t think my body was made for running.
My hip feels okay, but my right quad is still very sore. Who knew it would take so long to recover from a 5k! I have another 5k coming up on the 23rd so we’ll see how that goes.
I’m been making sure to foam roll my calves and quad a ton.
My best friend:
The past couple of days, I’ve stuck to upper body workouts at the gym. Yesterday, I did chest, shoulders, and triceps.
Some of the exercises I did included:
- shoulder presses
- chest presses
- cable triceps pressdowns
- side plank with lateral raise
- tricep dips
Today, I worked on back and biceps. I did the following exercises as supersets:
- one arm bentover row – right
- one arm bentover row – left
- hammer curls
- dumbbell bicep curls
- reverse flyes
- dumbbell deadlifts
- single leg kettlebell deadlifts
- cable bicep curls
I am sore today!
After the gym, I stopped by the grocery store. I have an obsession with coffee creamers and bought this new Silk coffee creamer to try out.
I have been trying to cut back on dairy lately because when I eat too much dairy it tends to give me stomach issues so I’ve been trying out some dairy free creamers. I’ll let you know how this one is!
Now Twitter Chat
Join me tonight at 9pm EST / 8pm CST for the Now Foods twitter chat! We’ll be chatting with Now Foods about your guide to a healthy summer, both inside and out.
5 winners will be chosen – one will receive the grand prize (worth around $500!) and 4 winners will receive prize packs including several of Now’s favorite products. Use the hashtag #NOWGetFit, answer the questions, and enter to win!
- Tuesday May 12 9pm EST / 8pm CTS
- Hashtag is #NOWGetFit
- Be sure to follow @FitFluential and @NOWFoods so you don’t miss a tweet
- 1 grand prize winner will be chosen, with 4 other winners receiving Now Foods Prize Pack. Winners will be notified via DM.
Have a great day!
- Do you have any allergies? Dairy, gluten, soy? Or do you avoid any foods?
- Are you excited for tonight’s Twitter chat?!