Disclaimer: I have partnered with Salata as a Salata Select Blogger to bring you exciting news and information about the new salad offerings from Salata all year long. I received a gift card to purchase my salad but all opinions are my own.
On Saturday, Danny and I did a great back and biceps workout at the gym. I’ve have been working hard on trying to do a pull-up (why are those things so hard?!) so we did a lot of assisted pull-ups and inverted rows on the Smith machine.
For out workout, we alternated a back exercise and a bicep exercise, doing 3 sets of 12 reps.
Here’s the exercises we did:
- assisted pull-ups
- preacher curls
- wide grip lat pulldowns
- standing dumbbell curls twists
- inverted rows on smith machine
- single arm cable bicep curls
- good mornings
After our workout, we headed to Salata for lunch. I love that we have a Salata only about 20 minutes away from us now!
Eating healthy was one of my New Year’s goals and Salata makes that easy – to start the new year, Salata has committed more that $1 million to further its “Fresh First” clean ingredient policy in 2016.
Some changes Salata has made includes:
- switching to using only antibiotic-free chicken, available in herb-marinated, Asian barbecue, pesto and spicy chipotle
- the house-made dressings that contain mayonnaise – buttermilk ranch, chipotle ranch and honey mustard – are now made with mayonnaise using cage-free eggs and sustainable soybean oil
- cookies are now made using only real butter, premium ingredients and no artificial additives
Additional changes Salata is working on as part of its Fresh First initiative include:
- protein marinades will be reformulated to reduce sodium levels
- switching to organic tea for all iced tea selections
- though few of its restaurants offer fountain drinks, Salata will soon only offer sodas without high fructose corn syrup
To celebrate, Salata is encouraging fans to take a five day clean eating lunch challenge and substitute their regular lunch with a healthy Salata combination. I also love how easy it is to keep track of your Salata salad on My Fitness Pal.
Most of their ingredients are on the My Fitness Pal app or you can get nutritional information off their website. It’s nice to be able to go out to eat but still stick to eating healthy, clean foods.
My salad included a lot of fresh fruits and veggies. Fresh fruits and veggies are great because they contain antioxidants. Antioxidants are your body’s first defense against disease causing free radicals. People with a diet rich in fruits and vegetables have fewer diseases. Good thing for me that I love fruits and vegetables!
Salata also has multigrain and asiago rolls. Danny has an asiago roll and I skipped the roll this time.
My salad included: salad mix, strawberries, apples, pineapples, bell peppers, red onions, walnuts, almonds, cucumbers, fat-free mango dressing, and some shrimp for some protein. It was absolutely delicious!
Danny loved his salad too. He’s a big fan of the romaine lettuce with veggies, chicken, and the salsa ranch dressing.
Salata has a wide variety of fresh teas and I had the unsweetened green tea with a little Splenda for sweetness at 0 calories.
If you live near a Salata, I definitely recommend trying them out. They have great food while still letting you stick to clean and healthy eating. You can also turn any salad into a wrap – I just prefer a nice big salad.
Have a great day!
- What’s your favorite salad topping?
- What do you usually order when you’re eating out to stay healthy?