Disclaimer: Some of the products I used in these recipes were purchased using the gift card that Door to Door Organics provided me with. Door to Door Organics is providing gift cards to three readers. All opinions are my own.
Good afternoon and happy Friday! I have a great giveaway for you today so be sure to enter!
As I mentioned earlier in the week, I received some great produce and groceries from Door to Door Organics in Chicago. I used some of the produce and groceries to create two recipes. One is an easy lunch idea that serves one person and the other recipe is great to serve your whole family for dinner!
Grilled Veggie Flatbread Pizza Serves: 1
- 1 oz (28 grams) red and orange peppers sliced thin
- 1 oz (28 grams) onion sliced thin
- Flatout pizza crust of your choice
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
Note: There are so many veggies that would work on this pizza so feel free to add whatever veggies you have on hand. I love the onion and pepper combo so that’s what I used.
I used the Cucina Antica pizza sauce and Organic Valley mozzarella cheese from Door to Door Organics.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat grill pan over medium heat until hot. Spray with cooking spray. Grill veggies about 5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- While veggies are grilling, place flatbread in oven for 2-3 minutes directly on rack. This is will help the flatbread crisp up so it can hold your toppings.
- Once flatbread and veggies are done, spread sauce on flatbread. Top with grilled veggies and cheese.
- Place flatbread on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for approximately 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This recipe is my go-to lunch recipe. It’s quick and easy and tastes delicious!
I also had this pizza with a salad on the side. I used the super green salad mix from Door to Door Organics and added some chicken, pecans, and croutons.
Chicken Parmesan Serves: 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 16 oz spaghetti
I love Organic Smart Chicken and I was excited to see that Door to Door Organics offered it on their website. I am super picky about chicken but this one is my favorite.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Then combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning in a dish. Place egg in another dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil.
- Dip each piece of chicken into egg then dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place chicken in hot pan and cook approximately 3-4 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
- While chicken is cooking place about a quarter of the marinara sauce in a baking pan. When chicken is browned, add it on top of the sauce. Top with about a quarter more of the sauce.
- Bake in oven for about 15 minutes. Divide mozzarella cheese evenly between chicken breasts and continue cooking approximately 15 more minutes.
- Serve on top of spaghetti and with additional marinara sauce.
My family loved this recipe – it came out perfect and so delicious!!
I served it with some fresh green beans.
I steamed them for about five minutes and then added just a bit of olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic.
Now you can win your very own Door to Door Organics gift card! Door to Door Organics is giving away a $50 gift card to three readers.
Please note: Since Door to Door Organics is a local Chicago company, they only deliver to Chicago and its surrounding suburbs. You can enter your zip code on their website to see if they deliver to your area. If you’re not in Chicagoland but know someone who is, please pass this giveaway along to them!
You can also enter coupon code: ChicagoParent14 to save $10 off your first box now!