Last week I had to cancel an appointment with my normal hair stylist to get my hair colored and eyebrows waxed because I had to work. Yesterday, I was at the mall picking up a few Christmas gifts so I decided just to get my eyebrows waxed at a hair salon because they desperately needed it.
When I got home later I realized that she dripped hot wax all over my head and hair and didn’t even tell me! I thought I remembered her touching my hair and my brother pointed out that I had something weird all over the side of my head. Yeah, it was hot wax. Everywhere.
It was also stuck in my ponytail holder so all the surrounding hair was stuck to it. Not to mention the huge glob on the side of my head. So, I googled how to get hot wax out of your hair. Surprisingly, it didn’t yield too many results. Don’t more people need to get hot wax it their hair?!
The information that I did find said to use baby oil or olive oil. I ended up putting olive oil all over a paper towel and wiping it in my hair. It seemed to work and I washed my hair, but it still looked oily. It was such a nightmare but thankfully I got it out. That’ll be the last time I get my eyebrows waxed there.
I understand that accidents happen. But if you drip hot wax all over my hair, the least you could do is apologize and tell me how to get it out.
- Butts and Guts Class – 60 minutes
The following post is sponsored by FitFluential FFC on behalf of Designer Whey. All opinions and goals are my own.
Today is exactly a week from Christmas Eve! This year is just flying by and it’ll be 2014 before we know it! With the end of the year quickly approaching, I thought I’d share some of my New Year’s goals and resolutions.
1. To run a sub-30 5k. I have only run one 5k in under 30 minutes. It was the Run Like a Mother 5k, and I finished in 29:22.
That was one of my proudest moments. Running has always been hard for me and my body doesn’t usually cooperate when I run, so finishing in under 30 minutes was a great accomplishment for me. I hope to be able to do it again in 2014.
2. To run a race longer than a 5k – a 10k or hopefully a half marathon. My goal has always been to run a half marathon. I was training for my first one last year when I got injured. I am still not fully healed and running long distances in extremely hard on my body. I definitely plan on running a 10k and if all goes well, a half marathon.
My longest race to date was the Biggest Loser 15k – 9.3 miles. I loved it and figured if I can run 9.3, hopefully I can run 13.1
3. To keep better track of what I’m eating. Lately, I have been slacking on watching what I eat and I haven’t been food journaling. I would like to start using the My Fitness Pal app again to keep track of what I eat.
4. Going along with #3, I would like to get back to eating healthier. With the holidays and being so busy, I have been grabbing the easiest and quickest food, even if it’s not the healthiest choice. And I have been baking a ton which means I have been eating a lot of cookies One way I plan on eating healthier is by using Designer Whey. I have used Designer Whey in the past and I really enjoy their protein powders and bars.
I always have a hard time getting enough protein in my diet, and the Designer Whey protein powder is quick and easy to throw into a shake or smoothie. I’ve even used it to make French toast.
I also need to start adding more veggie into my diet – I have been neglecting veggies lately. Sorry, veggies.
5. Spend more one-on-one time with my kids. Jacob and Jaden are both is school all day. In the afternoons, I also watch my niece and another girl so we have a full house until after dinner. Weekends are usually busy running errands, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc. So, I would really like to make more of an effort to spend some quality one-on-one time with my kids. I think it’s important for them and helps build a better relationship.
Maybe there’s something going on at school that they want to talk about or maybe they just want to play a game with mom or dad. We all lead such busy lives that sometimes we need to slow down and focus on things that might not seem as important like reading a book together for 10 minutes or playing a quick game of cards. These moments are precious and kids grow up in the blink of an eye.
Those are the goals that I plan to work on in 2014!
- What are your New Year’s resolutions or goals?
- Do you have any hair salon mishap stories to share?