- Practiced BodyPump
Well, I am back to practicing BodyPump! When I filmed my video, I didn’t need to include the triceps, biceps, or core tracks which means I spent little time practicing those tracks. Now, I am working on learning those for when I am able to teach my own class. Those triceps push-ups are killer!
After I finished practicing, my brother dropped my niece off before he went to work.
Tomorrow, my brother, sister-in-law, and niece are going to Florida for a week. My sister-in-law, Crystal, is running the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon (I’m jealous!) The awesome part is that not only will this be her first half marathon, but she’ll be running it on her 30th birthday. And since the race is at night, she will actually turn 30 while running the race!
How cool is that?! I bet many people can’t say that!! Good luck, Crystal! You will do awesome and when you come home, you’ll be part of the 30′s club
This will be the longest amount of time that I have ever been away from my niece since she has been born. It’ll be hard for me because I love her to pieces, but I know she’ll have lots of fun at Disney World – she calls it Mickey’s house.
Since my niece was over early today, I decided to put her to work.
She helped me bake some almond flour cookies.
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies Makes approx. 8 cookies
This cookies may not look like your typical cookie, but trust me – they taste delicious. Also, since I am the only one that will be eating them, I made a very small batch.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, sea salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg and cream in butter. Using a hand mixer, add in honey and vanilla extract.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Bake approx. 10-12 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
Of course, I had to eat a cookie right away and it was delicious! The texture isn’t exactly like a regular chocolate chip cookie. They have more of a cake-like texture, which is A-OK in my book
Have a great afternoon!
- What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever done for your birthday?
- Ever run a race on your birthday?
- Favorite cookie?