It might not technically be fall yet, but I am still pretending like it is, so I made pumpkin pancakes for breakfast. I think I shared this recipe last year, but I figured I’d share it again.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pancakes Serves: 1
Makes two small pancakes or one big pancake.
- 1/3 cup pancake mix (I used Whole Foods Whole Wheat Pancake Mix)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 tbsp. chocolate chips (approx. 16 chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup water (depending on desired thickness – add more water for thinner pancakes)
- Optional: syrup
I used to use sugar-free syrup for these pancakes, but I am trying to stay away from fake sugar so today I used pure maple syrup. I only used 1 tsp. which is about 17 calories. I am not a huge syrup fan so a tiny bit satisfies me.
- Add pancake mix, pumpkin, chocolate chips, and water to a small bowl. Whisk just until combined.
- Cook on a hot griddle (or pan) 2-3 minutes per side.
- Top with syrup or your choice of topping and enjoy!
The pancake mix usually calls for oil and an optional egg but I use the pumpkin in place of those ingredients.
I think I might trying adding peanut butter to these pancakes or topping them with almond butter instead of syrup. Yum!
- Walking - 10 minutes
- BodyPump – 60 minutes
I started out at the gym this morning with a quick ten minute walk on the treadmill. Then, I took a BodyPump class and it was hard today! I am trying to get back to my normal weights and it was a great workout today!
I have been wearing my heart rate monitor for the past few days and I burned 445 calories in BodyPump today.
Post workout, I had a chocolate milk and of course, I am already over my sugar limit for the day - 22 grams of sugar in organic chocolate milk, plus the one tiny teaspoon of maple syrup this morning already has my sugar grams adding up!
I have to share yesterday’s lunch because it was so good – an egg and potato bowl.
I used to make this for lunch quite often but I haven’t lately so it was a nice change. I cooked one potato on the stove with garlic, red pepper, onion, and a little bit of salt and pepper. Then I scrambled three egg whites and topped them with some cheddar cheese.
I put all of it in a bowl for the perfect lunch!
Have a great afternoon!
- Do you like syrup? What do you top your pancakes with?
- Pancakes or French toast?
- Favorite pumpkin food?