Today I pretty much have random things to talk about.
1. I signed up for a 5k in October. I asked my physical therapist this morning if I could return to running soon. He said that right now I should focus on making it through the BodyPump certification weekend, and then maybe I could start ease back into running. I took this as Yes, Heather, you should definitely run a 5k in the beginning of October.
Honestly though, I told my PT that I wanted to run a 5k and he said that it should be okay since it’s still more than a month away. I don’t plan on doing this 5k for time. I plan on doing it for fun and seeing where I am at with my running after not running for a couple of months. I’m sure I’ll have to run slow and possibly take walking breaks, I just want to see how I feel and how my body responds.
Also this 5k is kind of important to me because it was the race when I won my first and only age group medal.
Running has never been easy for me and I am not very fast so even though it was a smaller race that 2nd place for my age group medal was a huge accomplishment for me.
Of course, I know that after not running for months my chances of winning a medal again are zilch, it’s still an important race to me. Not to mention the fact that I have a coupon code, making the race only $15 which is the cheapest 5k I have ever ran.
2. Bars. Every time I eat an Alt bar, I always say that I am going to stick to the regular Larabars. Then I go to the store and buy another Alt bar. I guess I’m hoping it’ll taste better than the last Alt bar? I actually think I am drawn to the Alt bars because they have more protein – 10 grams. I like the regular Larabars better but they only have about 4 grams of protein.
So, I picked up an apple cinnamon Alt bar to try.
I also bought a white chocolate Macadamia Nut Clif bar to try. I thought I had tried these before, but I was wrong. If I had tried these before, they would have been stocked in my kitchen because that bar was so delicious. They are definitely my #1 favorite Clif bar.
3. Bulu Box. If you have never heard of Bulu Box before, it’s a monthly subscription box featuring health, nutrition, and weight loss products.
I mentioned it awhile ago in a post along with a code to try out a box totally for free! The coupon is still active, so if you missed the code last time you can still you it. (It’s only a one time code, so if you used it before, it won’t work again).
Just enter code BULUGAN972 at checkout for your own free box!
4. Duck Dynasty Duck Dynasty isn’t the type of show that I’d normally watch or even think about watching but one night I was up late because I couldn’t sleep. I came downstairs about 1 am to watch tv until I felt sleepy and Duck Dynasty was the only thing on tv. It was so funny that I was instantly hooked. I told Danny about it and we’ve been watching it ever since.
I recently saw on Skinny Runner’s blog that there is a Duck Dynasty book called The Duck Commander Family: How Faith, Family, and Ducks Built A Dynasty.
I immediately bought it on my Kindle and finished it in a day -it’s a really easy read. If you’re a Duck Dynasty fan, I recommended this book. It’s told by Willie’s point of view and some of Korie’s point of view also. It was very interesting and I learned things about Willie’s childhood that I would have never though to be true.
The best part is the BTB (before the beards) pictures at the end of the book.
Well, that’s all my randomness for today. Have a good afternoon!
- Tell me something random about you.
- Are you a Duck Dynasty fan?
- Any good book recommendations?