Thanks to Arrowhead®, Deer Park®, Ice Mountain®, Ozarka®, Poland Spring®, Zephyrhills® Brands Sparkling Natural Spring Waters for sponsoring today’s discussion.
Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike…what day is it Mike? It’s Hump Day! Whoot! Whoot!
Please tell me that I am not the only one that loves that commercial?! We usually record the tv shows that we watch and fast forward through the commercials, but I love that camel commercial and have to watch it every time it’s on. If I’m not mistaken, I think I even saw a hump day camel shirt on Pinterest…
Wednesdays are always hard because even though the week is half over, you still have half of the week to get through. And since I rather focus on the positive of the week being half over rather on the negative of there still being half a week left, I like to think of things to help get me over that hump and through the rest of the week.
Of course, one of things that I enjoy doing to get me over that hump is exercising. Bet you didn’t see that one coming, did you? But there is one exercise that helps my body and mind and is a great stress reliever – yoga.
I used to go to yoga once or twice a week for a long time. Then life got in the way and I stopped going as much. Lately, I have been trying to get back into the yoga habit. And since I am still injured, it’s one of the exercises classes that I can actually participate in.
And wouldn’t you know it, my gym offers yoga on Wednesdays. Maybe they know that a lot of people need to get through that mid-week slump.
And even though yoga isn’t the most strenuous of exercises (although it can be!), it’s still important to stay hydrated. I like to drink Ice Mountain water. I like Ice Mountain because they also offer sparkling water.
I usually buy the lemon Ice Mountain flavor because my kids love it too and I’m always trying to get them to drink more water.
Ice Mountain Sparkling Natural/Mountain Spring Water is comprised of just three natural ingredients—spring water, natural fruit essence, and bubbles! And, with no sugar or calories, Ice Mountain Sparkling Natural/Mountain Spring Water is a good alternative to soda. I try not let really let my kids drink soda unless it’s a special occasion, so sparkling water is a great compromise.
There are lots of ways to get through a mid-week slump. Here’s a few of my favorite ways:
- Exercise! You can do anything – walk, run, yoga, kickboxing, etc.
- Listen to your favorite song – my favorite song currently is Cups by Anna Kendrick.
- Read a book – they help you escape to another world.
- Play – who does love to just play and let the stress melt away. Play with your kids, nieces, nephews, you neighbor’s kids (you might want to ask them first). Play with your dog, cat, or pet turtle. Play with your grandma. Just have fun.
- Drink you favorite beverage – treat yourself to Starbucks or have a sparkling water. Or wine. Drink wine.
- Call someone – call your mom, your dad, your doctor. Talk about your day and listen about their day.
- When all else fails – eat chocolate.
What’s your “feel good” Wednesday moment? Share it on the Ice Mountain facebook page or comment below and let me know!