Last Night’s Workout
- Yoga – 60 minutes
I didn’t workout yesterday morning, but I did decide to go to yoga in the evening. I was hoping that it would help to stretch and loosen me up a bit.
I used to go to yoga on a regular basis, but haven’t gone in a really long time, so it was nice to get back. We also do a lot of core work in yoga which I need!
- 5.06 miles treadmill (6x 20 second strides)
Danny went to the gym this morning, so I couldn’t wake up early and run outside. He did offer to stay home and let me run, but I wasn’t too excited about running in the humidity so I decided just to run on the treadmill.
I haven’t ran on the treadmill since my not-so-good run last week, but today’s run went surprisingly well. I am a little slower on the treadmill than I am outside, but I finished 5 miles in 58:56, and I was able to run the whole thing without even one walk break.
My quad wasn’t too bad (I usually feel it later in the day) but my knee hurt, so when I got home I iced my quad and my knee. I also made sure to stretch for about 12 minutes after I was done running.
I wear my heart rate monitor on the treadmill, but it stops working because the treadmill picks up my heart rate instead. Does anyone know how to fix this?!
The other day, I got the July Kona Kase in the mail. The Kona Kase is a monthly subscription box, and I love these boxes because it’s like getting a surprise present in the mail each month – you never know what your case is going to include!
Every Kona Kase includes a motivational quote:
This month’s Kona Kase had some products that I am really excited to try out.
Here’s the products from this month:
- Caveman Cookies – made with simple ingredients (honey, nuts, and berries) and they’re all natural, grain-free, dairy-free, and preservative-free (I tried these and they were awesome!)
- Garuka Bars – hand made with whole peanuts, dried cranberries, and raw honey
- Barbara Llewellyn Granola – rolled oats, sliced almonds, sesame and pumpkin seeds, honey sweetened
- Body Glove Surge Gel – energy gel for biking, running, or in the water
- Perky Jerky – all natural premium jerky
- Enjoy Life – seed and fruit mix – sunflower kernels, pineapple, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, and apricots (nut-free)
- Pro Bar – Bolt organic energy chews in orange (I might try these out on my long run this weekend)
- Health Warrior Chia Bar – in acai berry
I look forward to trying out the granola and the seed and fruit mix. I love granola on my yogurt and I love trail mix.
I don’t eat jerky, but Jacob loves it, so he tried out the Perky Jerky and gave it two thumbs up!
(Can you spot the gnomes in the above picture…long story )
If you want to try out your own Kona Kase, use coupon code GIFTSUMMER to save $5 off your first kase!
Have a great afternoon!
- Do you subscribe to any monthly boxes? Have any favorites?
- Do you like jerky?
- Any workout today?
As a FitFluential Ambassador, I received a Kona Kase at no charge to review. All opinions are my own.