Happy First Day of Summer!
The kids and I celebrated yesterday by going to the pool.
It was hard bringing three kids who are all about 6 years apart to the pool. From now on, I think I’ll stick to the splash park.
Yesterday, I got an email from The Biggest Loser Walk Run 15k saying that the professional pictures were ready. The nice thing about the Biggest Loser race is that all the professional pictures are free.
This is the first race I’ve ever come across where the pictures are free, which is nice because those professional race pictures are expensive! All you have to do is add the pics to your online cart and check-out (no charge). Then you can download them to your computer to print or use however you want!
Here’s a few of my favorite pictures.
This one was right before my dad and stepmom went around the last bend to the finish line. We all meet them and walked the last few minutes with them.
My dad and Sue crossing the finish line.
Me, running in the rain.
There were also a few pictures of me that came out terrible. I could also tell thatÂ I have gained a little bit of weight recently. Not just by looking at the pictures, but by how my clothes are getting a little bit tighter.
I haven’t weighed myself lately which is part of the problem. When I don’t weigh myself on a consistent basis, my weight slowly starts to creep up. It’s so hard to lose, yet so easy to gain.
May and June have been hard months for me because we have had a birthday, graduation, or holiday every single weekend for the past two months. And no, I don’t always have to eat a piece of cake or treats, but I have very little will power when it comes to sweets, and sometimes I tend to overindulge.
I lost 30 pounds by being meticulous about writing down everything I ate, weighing my food, and counting calories. It was time consuming and sometimes made me resent that I had to do it. But it was the only way that I lost the weight.
When I reached a weight that I felt comfortable with, I stopped weighing and writing down my food. And slowly I gained some weight back. I don’t think I am at the point where I can maintain my current weight loss without continuing to write everything down.
Counting calories really helped me stay on track and even though it can be a pain sometimes, I plan on doing it again to help me lose the pounds that I gained back. And wouldn’t you know, we have my mom’s birthday and a retirement party this weekend!?
I need to practice eating treats in moderation. When I was counting calories, I always allowed myself enough calories for a small treat – a cookie, frozen yogurt, ice cream, etc. That way I didn’t feel deprived. I think you can have treats and still eat healthy, it just has to be about moderation.
I have also been stressed about a few things lately, and I noticed that when I’m stressed, I eat. I am an emotional eater. I’m happy. I eat. I’m sad. I eat. I’m stressed. I eat. I’m bored. I eat.
So, starting Monday (yes, I broke the #1 “diet” rule – start now, not Monday), I am going back to weighing, measuring, writing, and counting. I am just not at a point yet where I can be trusted to do it on my own.
Also, I don’t look at it as a “diet.” A diet is something that can only be maintained for a short time. I like to live more of a 80/20 lifestyle. As long as you eat healthy 80% of the time, there’s nothing wrong with indulging a bit the other 20% of the time.
- BodyPump – 60 minutes
My glutes are still sore and it’s really annoying. I have been stretching and foam rolling so at least they’re getting better. I just made sure to take it easy on the squats today.
After the gym, the kids and I went to pick-up our race packets for tomorrow. Jaden was very excited to get his own bib number and t-shirt.
I was excited because there was a coffee mug in the goody bag.
Hopefully, it’s not too hot and humid outside at 8 am tomorrow!
Have a great weekend! We’re going to see Monsters University tonight!
- Any plans this weekend?
- Are you an emotional eater?
- How’s the weather where you live?
** Don’t forget to enter the Designer Whey Giveaway!