Recently, Designer Whey sent me some goodies to try out.
The first thing I did was open up the peanut butter crunch bar and eat it because it said peanut butter on it. Enough said.
The bar was delicious, and I can see myself eating these after BodyPump on a regular basis. Is there a better combo than chocolate and peanut butter?!
- Protein powder – white chocolate and french vanilla
- Protein 2 Go Drink Mix – lemonade, mixed berry, and tropical orange
- 100 calorie high protein shakes – french vanilla and gourmet chocolate
- Protein bars – peanut butter crunch, chocolate caramel crunch, and triple chocolate crunch
The first thing I noticed about the Designer Whey products are that they’re fairly low in calories, but high in protein. The protein powder and high protein mixed drinks are the perfect small snack for after BodyPump or a strength training workout when you’re body needs protein the most. A 100 calorie shake with 18 grams of protein is great.
And it tastes great. There’s always that worry that protein powder will taste too chalky, but the Designer Whey products don’t taste chalky. They’re smooth and have a great taste.
I love adding protein powder to smoothies and such, but Danny likes mixing it with water or milk and drinking it. He had the french vanilla protein powder after his morning workout and loved it.
I was very excited about the protein drink mixes. I drink a lot of water, and besides one cup of coffee, water is all I drink all day long. These protein drink mixes are a great way to add some flavor and protein to my otherwise boring water.
Only 50 calories, 10 grams of protein, and 1 gram of sugar. As someone who is always trying to eat more protein and less sugar, these drink mixes are perfect.
Danny and I also had the vanilla and chocolate high protein shakes after working out and loved them! With only 100 calories and 18 grams of protein, they’re perfect for after BodyPump.
I was excited to try out the protein powder in two of my favorite recipes – peanut butter french toast and a smoothie.
I used the white chocolate protein powder in my peanut butter stuffed french toast recipe.
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein French Toast Serves: 1
- Two slices of bread (I use Healthy Life bread – each slice is 35 calories)
- 1 egg white
- splash of almond milk
- 1/2 scoop Designer Whey white chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Beat egg white, almond milk, cinnamon, and protein powder in a shallow dish.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Spread peanut butter on slices of bread and put place together, like a sandwich.
- Dip both sides of sandwich into egg mixture.
- Cook each side about 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings – syrup, apples, peanut butter, etc.
Total Calories (without toppings): Approx. 240 Total Protein: Approx. 21.6 grams
I topped my french toast with cinnamon apples and sugar-free syrup. Delicious!
The next recipe that I used the Designer Whey protein powder in was a smoothie.
Sunrise Strawberry Protein Smoothie
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 scoop Designer Whey vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 6 oz. Tropicana Trop50 orange juice
- Approx. 4-5 crushed ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend!
Total Calories: 175 Total Protein: 11 grams
I topped my smoothie with Cheerios Crunch Medley cereal, of course!
- What’s you favorite way to use protein powder? Favorite flavor?