Last night, I had something that I don’t normally eat for dinner – a smoothie bowl! (I have a feeling Jessie will be very proud of me – I even checked out her site for a few smoothie recipe ideas).
Normally, I am not a fan of drinking my meals. It just doesn’t leave me feeling like I ate anything, but I noticed that by putting the smoothie into a bowl and eating it with a spoon, I felt more like I was eating my dinner rather than drinking it. I also had a salad with lots of veggie though.
The whole reason I even made a smoothie for dinner was because Danny and I bought a new protein powder last night that I wanted to try out.
In my smoothie:
- 1 cup frozen sliced strawberries 50 calories
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches 30 calories
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk 40 calories 1 gram protein
- 1 scoop vanilla creme protein powder 50 calories 7.5 grams protein
- 1/2 cup water
- approx. 6 crushed ice cubes
Total Calories: 170 Total Grams Protein: 8.5
I also had a handful of spinach to throw in, but I forgot it in the fridge. I’ll have to remember it next time.
My Dad’s Workout
- 3.14 miles elliptical
- 45 minutes weights (chest and legs)
I’m very proud of my dad for continuing to go to the gym. Sometimes it’s hard to find time to workout, but there’s always ways to make it work. And you don’t have to work out a long amount of time or even all in a row. Even thirty minutes of exercise a day is good.
There are lots of ways to find time to workout:
- Wake-up a half hour earlier to workout.
- Schedule your workouts like you would an appointment. You wouldn’t skip an appointment, so don’t skip a workout.
- Workout on your lunch break.
- Break a thirty minute workout into three 10 minute workouts – morning, afternoon, and evening.
- Find a workout buddy that will keep you accountable for showing up.
- Workout in your living room while watching your favorite tv show – or even just during the commercials. Sit-ups, push-ups, squats, and lunges don’t require any equipment!
I had a delicious breakfast this morning – a peach oatmeal yogurt parfait.
I made these a lot during the summer, but when I was grocery shopping, the peaches looked so good that I had to buy one. And the best way to use a peach is in this parfait!
- BodyPump – 60 minutes
- AMT – 15 minutes
Fantasy Fitness League
The Good News: Danny and I won another point this week! We had 24 total workouts, and the team we were up against had 20 workouts.
The Bad News: One team had 36 workouts this week, and another team had 32 workouts! Seriously?! And we will eventually go up against both those teams.
Danny and I are at a slight disadvantage because Danny only has a fitness center membership and can’t take classes. Those other teams are taking classes and working out in the fitness center. I guess I’ll just have to step it up!
Have a great day!
- Do you drink smoothies? What’s your favorite?
- How do you find time to workout?
- Do you use protein powder? What kind?
- Any workout today?