Good morning and Happy New Year’s Eve!
- 3.39 miles treadmill
I started my morning out at the gym. My gym didn’t have any fitness classes today, so I just ran on the treadmill.
I alternated between walking for one minute at 4.0 mph and running at 7.1 mph for one minute. I know the 7.1 is weird, but the .1 makes me feel faster
I can’t believe that it’s the end of 2012 already! I thought I would highlight some of my favorite times.
Some of my favorite things from 2012:
- Danny and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary.
- I ran the Dash and Dine 5k with my family. I ran 3.1 miles and then ate the grossest bread pudding as fast as I could. (April 21)
- I joined a Spring weight loss challenge and came in first place! I lost 22 pounds and 12.8% of my body weight. (June 8th)
- Danny and I ran and biked the Muddy Buddy.
- I went on to join The Biggest Loser at my gym and lost another 11 pounds. (I lost 30 pounds total because I gained a few pounds back after the spring weight loss challenge). At the conclusion on the Biggest Loser, I ran my fastest 5k.
- We had a random pirate night, an Amazing Race game, and an awesome Halloween party.
- I received my first 5k medal, and was very excited!
- I won fitness bingo and won a free three-month gym membership.
2012 was a really great year, and I hope to make 2013 even better!
We usually do the same thing every New Year’s Eve – go out to dinner with my family and then go to my dad’s house to ring in the new year. Last year, we dressed fancy and went to Olive Garden. This year we’re going to a nearby Mexican restaurant. I am very excited because I love Mexican food.
We’re also having a New Year’s hat contest at my dad and stepmom’s house this year. Every year, my dad buys us all New Years hats, but this year we’re having a contest to see who can come up with the best hat! Top secret until tonight!
We also started a time capsule a few years back. Tonight, we’ll open it, look at the stuff we’ve put in the past few years, and then add new stuff.
I hope everyone has a fun and safe New Year’s Eve!
Questions of the day:
- What were your best moments of 2012?
- Any plans for tonight?
- Do you have any New Year’s Eve traditions?