Good morning! Happy last day of November!
Last night for dinner, I made cola pork chops, and I thought I’d share the recipe.
Cola Pork Chops Serves: 4
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cola
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 4 pork chops
- flour to coat
- salt and pepper to taste
- Coat pork chops in a light layer of flour and brown lightly in a skillet (If you’re pressed for time, you can skip this step. They will still turn out good!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the ketchup, cola, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Place pork chops in a baking pan and pour cola mixture over them, coating well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake 30-60 minutes, depending on the thickness of your pork chop.
I don’t drink coke or eat pork chops, but Danny vouched for me and said these pork chops were delicious.
This little lady like the mashed potatoes.
The secret to awesome mashed potatoes? Use milk warmed in the microwave and a bit of cream cheese. Yum!
We have a lot going on the weekend. Tomorrow morning, Danny has to work and Jaden has an allergy appointment. Then, later in the afternoon, my mom is coming over to watch the kids so Danny and I can see a movie and go out to dinner. I can’t even remember the last time we saw a movie or ate dinner alone together, so I am really looking forward to it! Thanks, Mom!
Sunday, we’re going with my family to cut down a Christmas tree. We don’t mess around when it comes to Christmas trees. We go to the same Christmas tree farm every year. It’s about an hour away, and we get a saw and head out to the fields on a horse-drawn carriage to cut down the perfect Christmas tree. The we drag the tree back and have hot cocoa while it gets wrapped up. Then, we spend way too long trying to get it tied to the roof of the car.
Here’s Danny and my dad cutting down our tree last year.
We didn’t have any snow for cutting down trees last year, and this year is supposed to be decent weather too. Hopefully, it won’t rain.
Danny found this picture in his phone last night – it’ probably three or four years old.
It makes me miss my long hair so much!! I cut my hair right before my brother got married about two and a half years ago, and it still hasn’t grown back! My hair grows sooo slow. It’s sad.
I have a lot of errands to do after the gym today, so here is my projected workout for this morning:
- Treadmill – approx. 15 minutes
- BodyPump – 60 minutes
- Zumba – 60 minutes
Have a great weekend!
Questions of the day:
- Does your hair grow fast or slow? Ever regret a haircut?
- Any plans for this weekend?
- Do you have date nights with your significant other?