Things That Aren’t Fun:
- When you realize that you forgot to return the RedBox movie that you rented…a week ago.
- When said movie wasn’t even that good to begin with and the kids spent the second half of the movie chasing each other around the living room, trying to smack each other with pillows.
- When you can’t find the RedBox case for the movie anywhere…
Yesterday’s Evening Workout
- Beginner Step – 25 minutes <—- Because I was late
- Step and Tone – 60 minutes
My running group wasn’t able to meet up last night because of the rainy weather, so I decided to go to Step class instead. I think I’m getting better at Step because I didn’t mess up nearly as much as I usually do.
And Step class isn’t just stepping up and down on your step – there are lots of fancy moves involved, which often confuse me. But I’m working on it.
I made overnight oats in a peanut butter jar for the first time!
I didn’t realize until it was too late that you’re supposed to use an almost empty jar, not a completely empty because I scooped out every single bit of peanut buttery goodness to eat jar. Oh well. I’ll know for next time.
Before bed last night, I mixed up in my peanut butter jar:
- 1/2 oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- dash of cinnamon
- 2 cut up Hershey kisses (aka – the only chocolate in the house)
I mixed everything up with the tiny amount of peanut butter that was left in the jar. Since, there was no Greek yogurt in these oats, it tasted more like an oatmeal cookie dough!
It was delicious, especially with the hint of peanut butter taste. It might not look delicious, but it tasted good.
- 3.28 miles treadmill (ran .5 mile, walked the rest)
- 20 minutes stretching
I tried to run at the gym this morning, but I wasn’t really feeling it. I was just too tired and sore. I ended up running half a mile and then just walked for a total of 3.28 miles. While I walked I started reading Thirteen Reasons Why on my Kindle for Julie’s Book Club.
I always get the free sample of the book on my Kindle first before I actually buy it. That way I know whether or not I like it and want to purchase it. I read the free sample of Thirteen Reasons Why and so far I am very intrigued and will buy the book.
After the treadmill, I stretched for 20 minutes. I haven’t stretched in so long, and it felt soooo good. I need to remember to stretch more.
I stopped at Mariano’s and made a salad with lots of crab and fruit for lunch. I also got a multi-grain bun to go along with it. I couldn’t decide between the multi-grain bun and a cheddar and onion focaccia muffin. Next time that muffin will be mine!
I also got a tiny bit of trail mix with a few honey roasted pecans to eat of the way home.
Questions of the day:
- What’s the last movie you watched?
- Do you stretch?
- What’s your favorite bread product?