Yesterday afternoon, I was craving cookies and in a baking mood, so I decided to search around for a semi-healthy cookie recipe using ingredients I had on hand. I found this recipe for flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies and decided to try it out. I modified it slightly to make a small batch of cookies.
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies – Make approx. 9 cookies
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg whites.
- Add oats and baking soda to peanut butter mixture and stir well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Per cookie: 86 calories
The texture of this cookie is slightly different from a regular cookie because it’s flourless, but they were delicious and cured my sweet cookie craving. They would also be great with chocolate chips, but sadly I didn’t have any.
Yesterday’s Evening Workout
- Biggest Loser Stability Workout – 60 minutes
- 5k Prep – 30 minutes
For yesterday’s 5k prep workout we ran for 25 minutes straight. I was a little surprised by this because the week before, we did run/walk intervals and this week we didn’t walk at all. I did run the whole 25 minutes, but I haven’t been wearing my calf sleeves lately, and my calves really started to bother me, as well as the bottom of my feet (no!!! not again!) Next week, I’ll be sure to wear my sleeves.
- 3.05 miles treadmill
- 10 minutes stretching
It wasn’t really feeling it this morning – it’s a rainy day and I’m tired – so I just ran/walked a slow 3 miles on the treadmill.
Post Workout Breakfast
My breakfast this morning was amazing – at least I think so. I made a peach oatmeal yogurt parfait…
…but at the last-minute, I had the brilliant idea to crumble half of a peanut butter oatmeal cookie on top.
It was so delicious, almost like eating a dessert. I loved how the hint of peanut butter flavor really made this breakfast so appetizing.
Today, we’re off to middle school orientation!
Questions of the day:
- If you have kids, when do they start school?
- Have you ever made any delicious food combinations?
- Favorite cookie?