Well, that’s a mouthful. Apple and blueberry protein oat muffins.
Earlier in the week, I saw that Fit Minded Mom had made pancakes in a muffin pan, and I thought it was a great idea. I decided to use the ingredients that I had on hand to make oat protein muffins. I didn’t have any flour, so I had to use oats instead.
Apple and Blueberry Protein Oat Muffins – Makes 5 muffins
- 3/4 cup oats
- 6 oz. container plain Greek yogurt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 packet Truvia
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 16 blueberries (8 per muffin)
- .3 oz diced apple (approx. .1 oz. per muffin)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients (besides toppings) in the blender. Blend until they are all combined.
- Pour batter evenly between muffin tins lined with liners. My batter made enough to fill 5 muffin liners about 3/4 full.
- Add toppings. I used blueberries and apples because it’s what I had at home. These would also be good with bananas, peaches, chocolate chips, or whatever you can dream up!
- Bake approx. 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Calories (without syrup): apple muffins - approx. 80 calories 7.3 grams protein
blueberry muffins – approx. 85 calories 7.3 grams protein
The muffins came out very dense, moist, and good. I don’t usually use syrup (besides on my PB french toast) but felt that these needed to be topped with just a touch of syrup because they’re so dense. I think it would also be good to mix the syrup right into the batter.
Questions of the day:
- What would you top your muffins with?
- Favorite pancake topping?