- BodyPump – 60 minutes
Last night, I mixed up strawberry Greek yogurt, oats, almond milk, and chia seeds and let it chill in the fridge overnight. This morning, I added another splash of almond milk and topped it with fresh blueberries. Yum!
When Danny and I completed the Muddy Buddy a few weeks ago, we stopped at the Core Power protein drink booth afterwards and tried out some samples. Core Power is a high protein recovery drink. I was very impressed by the taste of the protein drink and the amount of protein in them (I’m always looking for ways to get extra protein in!) I reached out to Core Power, and they sent me some samples to try out.
Before I even tasted the drinks, two things stood out to me. First, the packaging. I love that these were shipped in a fun tube instead of a boring old box. I’m a sucker for fun packaging. And I love that it says “first class protein” on the tube. Fun!
Second, the shipping was very fast. I can be pretty impatient at times, and loved that these shipped super fast.
CorePower sent me the chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry banana flavors to try out. They also have a honey flavor.
When we tasted these at the Muddy Buddy, I first noticed the taste – they didn’t have the thick, chalky taste that some protein drinks have, which the back of the bottle points out.
From their website :
- Milk protein contributes to muscle development while the natural carbohydrates of honey provide the energy to rebuild muscle and glycogen stores. Consumption of carbs with protein after a workout optimizes muscle recovery and growth.
- Made from fresh milk and real honey, one great-tasting, lactose-free serving of Core Power provides athletes and fitness enthusiasts with 26 grams of high quality fresh milk proteins, consisting of 21 grams of casein proteins and 5 grams of whey proteins. The light versions still pack a heck of a punch, serving up 20 grams of the same high quality fresh milk proteins.
- The unique nutritional profile of Core Power uses the best proteins and delivers calories that your body can actually use.
- Milk’s unique ratio of whey and casein proteins builds lean muscle while its vitamins and minerals keep the body healthy.
- Honey boosts athletic performance and endurance while reducing muscle fatigue.
I was most intrigued by the strawberry banana flavor because it’s “light” – only 150 calories for the whole bottle and 20 grams of protein. I normally am not a banana fan, but I decided to try this flavor first.
Over the weekend, I did my Biggest Loser workout and then went back to the gym to take a fitness class. I thought that in between the two workouts would be a perfect time to try the Core Power strawberry banana protein drink. I surprised myself and actually really liked this flavor. The banana wasn’t overpowering, and with the strawberry it had a nice light flavor. I would definitely drink this flavor again.
Core Power Giveaway
Core Power is donating a case of product to this giveaway that I’m having, so that one lucky person has their own Core Power protein drinks to try out!
- Tell me what flavor you’re most excited about trying – chocolate, vanilla, strawberry-banana, or honey?
Extra Entries (leave a separate comment for each):
- Follow Core Power on Twitter.
- Like Core Power on Facebook
- Like run Eat Play on Facebook
- Follow Run Eat Play on Twitter
Giveaway will run through Thursday, August 2nd 11:00 pm CST. U.S. residents only please.
Sabra Giveaway Winner
The winner of the Sabra hummus free coupon was #6 Morgan – I usually eat the red pepper hummus.. but the pine nut kind looks awesome!
Please email me firstname.lastname@example.org with your shipping address so I can mail out your coupon. Congrats!