Since yesterday was our anniversary, I cooked Danny breakfast while he was sleeping. He came downstairs right before it was done, so I’m sure the wonderful smells wafted upstairs under his nose and woke him up. I made him peanut butter French toast and scrambled eggs with cheese.
Danny is more of an adult than I am because he actually leaves his crust on. I had an egg and potato bowl with fruit.
After breakfast, we went to the track where we’re doing the 5k next weekend to run a couple of miles. I did 4 minutes of jogging and 2 minutes of walking. I finished about 3.3 miles total. It was crazy windy yesterday which you can tell from my wonderful hair.
I’m kind of like the tortoise from the Tortoise and The Hare. But hey, the Tortoise ends up winning, doesn’t he?
We picked up the kids from my in-laws, and later in the afternoon we took them for a little anniversary fro-yo.
For dinner last night, I made Maple-Glazed Salmon. It came out really good with a nice light flavor.
Serves 1 (Easily doubled to serve two)
- 4-6 oz. salmon (I used 6 oz.)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix syrup, soy sauce, and garlic.
- Put salmon in a Ziploc bag and pour maple mixture over it. Let marinade in refrigerator for about 15-30 minutes.
- Wrap in foil pack and cook in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
This salmon came out really good, and I can see myself making it a lot. It’s super easy to make and only requires a few ingredients. And it would be great on the grill in the summer!
I’m off to BodyPump this morning!
Questions of the day:
- What’s your favorite fish? Or meat? Or veggie?
- How’s your weather? We’ve had a wind advisory the past couple of days. I’m ready for warm weather!
- Any workouts planned for today?