Yesterday, I spent all day looking for a new pair of shoes. I must have went to at least seven different stores.
I have been wearing my old Nike running shoes for BodyPump and exercise classes. They have 500+ miles on them, and I think that they could be adding to my foot and calf pain. I received a pair of Asic GT 2160s for Christmas, but I am saving those for when I can run again.
I finally found a pair of shoes at Dick’s Sporting Goods. They were a little more than I planned on spending, but I was so sick of shoe shopping by that time and was glad just to have found a pair.
I bought Brooks Adrenaline GTS 11′s. I know that they are running shoes, but the guy at Dick’s recommended them, and they were on the list I found of good shoes for plantar fasciitis.
I also bought SofSole Aiir insoles.
Hopefully new shoes and insoles will support my feet better and help to get rid of the pain.
Last night for dinner I made couscous stuffed peppers with a recipe that I loosely followed from Health magazine. Their recipes called for orzo and arugula, but I used couscous and spinach.
CousCous Stuffed Peppers
Makes: 1 pepper
- 3/4 cup prepared couscous (I used Near East Garlic and Olive Oil Pearled Couscous)
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 tbsp. of feta cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and seeded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook couscous according to package directions. Set aside 3/4 cup of couscous.
- Add spinach, feta, salt, and pepper to couscous; stir.
- Season inside of pepper with salt and pepper to taste. Fill peppers with couscous mixture.
- Put peppers into a baking dish and cover with foil. Bake until pepper is tender, about 35 minutes. I removed the foil and broiled my pepper for the last 5 minutes.
I don’t know why I never thought to cut the pepper in half and stuff in rather than cut off the top and stuff it. It’s so much easier to eat!
We watched my niece overnight yesterday because my brother and sister-in-law went to a wedding. She is such an angel cutie pie, and attracts so much attention because she is always so happy and just smiles at everyone. We took the kids for frozen yogurt last night, and she probably made about five friends when we were out because she’s such a McCutie.
I had more of a sweet frozen yogurt this time instead of a fruity yogurt. Although the brownie pieces and hot fudge were delicious, I prefer the strawberry and mango toppings. This is weird because candy and I are best friends forever. We even have best friend necklaces. You know, I have one half of the heart necklace and candy has the other half.
My stepmom is running the Shamrock 8k right now, and then we’re all meeting up for lunch. Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Questions of the day:
- What shoes do you wear to exercise?
- Do you have different shoes for different types of exercise?
- What are your plans for the day?