Over the summer, we went on vacation to Florida with my in-laws. While there, my brother-in-law, Mike, turned my kids onto monkey bread. He made it one morning for breakfast, and my son never stopped talking about it.
When we got home from Florida, all Jaden wanted was monkey bread, monkey bread, monkey bread. I finally bought the ingredients and we made it. Unfortunately, I didn’t have a bundt pan, so it didn’t come out as good as it could have.
Fast forward to Christmas – the kids each received a four-pack of biscuits to make monkey bread. Great.
Every day after Christmas until today all Jaden talked about was monkey bread. I borrowed a bundt pan from my dad so that it would come out better this time.
This recipe isn’t good for you or healthy, but it tastes delicious.
Prep Time: 25 minutes Start to Finish: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 cans (7.5 oz each) Pilsbury biscuits
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Grease or spray 12-cup bundt pan.
- Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon in 1-gallon bag. Cut each biscuit into quarters. Shake quarters in bag to coat; place in pan. Mix butter and brown sugar; pour over biscuit pieces.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Turn upside down. Serve warm.
After I poured on the butter and brown sugar, I also added a couple handfuls of the cinnamon chips that I had from our waffle fiasco. Yum!
Happy New Year’s Eve! I hope that you all have a fun and safe New Years!
What are your goals and resolutions this year?