I was in a baking mood this afternoon, so I found a recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip cookies on allrecipes.com. I pretty much followed the recipe, I just made a couple of adjustments.Â We were out of butter so I used Earth Balance, which is just a dairy-free butter. These cookies came out so moist, chewy, and delicious.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance (or butter), softened
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the corn syrup, water, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir into the peanut butter mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, approx. 2 inches apart. Bake 8 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for a minute before moving them to wire racks to cool completely.
I ate three of these as soon as they came out of the oven. My son ate two and asked for more. By the time Danny gets home from work there might not be any left…