I have been wanting to make an apple crisp recipe, and today I finally did!
Apple Crisp – Serves 3
- 2 medium cooking apples (I used Honeycrisp apples), peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray 8×8 pan with cooking spray.
- Spread apple slices in pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Sprinkle over apple slices.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes or until apples are tender when pierced with a fork.
Today was a busy running around day. I had a hair appointment this morning. Then I had to go to the store to buy my son a car seat. When we were in Florida over the summer the airline lost his car seat, and they just got around to sending us a check.
Then I went over the river and through the construction to pick up my niece. I am seriously so sick of construction – it takes twice as long to get anywhere. After that we went back to the hair salon because my son forgot his Nintendo DS case there.
By this time I was starving, but it was too late for a big lunch, so I just picked up a Wendy’s baked potato.
Now I have a little bit of down time before my older son gets home and we head out for the night.