Last night, I planned on making a veggie stir fry for dinner, but I found a recipe for veggie fried rice, so I made that instead. This is the first time that I have made fried rice and I was really happy with how it came out.
- 1 (5.3 oz) bag of quick cooking brown rice
- 1 (12 oz) package stir fry vegetables
- 4 green onions cut into 2-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 tbsp lite soy sauce
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- Cook rice according to package directions and drain well.
- Saute veggies in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat for four minutes or until tender crisp.
- Add garlic and ginger to veggies and saute 1-2 minutes
- Add rice and cook 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Push rice to the sides of the pan, making a well in the center.
- Add eggs to the center of the mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until eggs set. Stir eggs into rice and veggies.
- Stir in soy sauce and orange juice.
After dinner, I went out in search of the Ben & Jerry’s Pumpkin Cheesecake ice cream that I have been hearing about. I went to three different stores and wasn’t able to find it.
Hi, my name is Heather. I am addicted to ice cream.
Who seriously does to three different stores looking for ice cream? Can you say crazy?!
I didn’t find the ice cream, but Meijer was handing out cool pink Purina bandanas for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I came home and put it on the dog.
Doesn’t he look cute? Danny is intensely watching the Bears game back there. If the game hadn’t been on , I don’t think that he would have let me put a pink bandana on his dog, but he wasn’t paying attention. I think he looks cute.
Doesn’t Danny look crazy in the background and doesn’t Tyson look like he wants to eat you? Happy family.