After my husband woke up this morning, I headed over to the gym.
I ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill, then did some strength training.
I did this circuit, 3 times. I did each set of exercises one time through and then I repeated all of them twice more, for a total of 3 times.
Bicep curls x12 (16 lbs)
Deadlift into upright row x12 (16 lbs)
Overhead triceps extension x12 (10 lbs)
60 second plank
30 second side plank (each side)
I stretched for 10 minutes before I went home.
When I got home I made some flatbread pizzas to bring over to my dad’s house for the Chicago Bears game.
I make flatbread pizza a lot for lunch too. My favorite is roasted veggie.
Roasted Veggie Flatbread Pizza
I really like this pizza because I roast the veggies before putting them on the pizza.
Approx. 1 cup cut up veggies ( I used broccoli, red onion, and red & green pepper)
1 flatbread or pita
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or fresh mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Lay veggies in a flat layer on baking sheet.
3. Drizzle veggies with 1 tsp. olive oil
4. Drizzle with 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
5. Mix the veggies with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Roast in a 450 degree oven for about 10-15 minutes. Stir halfway.
6. After veggies are done, lower oven temperature to 400 degrees. Place flatbread directly on oven rack and cook approx. 4 minutes or until crispy.
7. After flatbread is done, top it with sauce, veggies, and cheese. Bake in a 400 degree oven for approx. 8-10 minutes.
So yummy! I love this because you can add so many toppings. I love it with spinach and feta too!
I brought three different flatbread pizzas to my dad’s house. Veggie, mozzarella and feta, and plain mozzarella.
My kids got kind of antsy during the Bears game, so we played Uno Moo. Yup, not just Uno, but Uno Moo.
After Uno Moo they were still being a little rowdy – demanding snacks & hanging from ceiling fans & stuff, so I decided to bring them to the park before all the men in the room banned us from the house.
Walking to the park:
We played a little basketball.
Then we played at the park for a bit.
Coming back from the park I fell down this hill:
I kind of felt like Jill, even though I hadn’t drunken any Jack.
Slightly embarrassing. Not to mention I also slammed my hand in the door and fell up the stairs today. Yes, up the stairs – that takes talent.